03 August 2011

Flying

Earlier tonight I met with my book group. We read a book by Charlotte and Harriet Childress called Clueless at the Top. It's about different aspects of hierarchy in our socio-cultural system, and how people at the top of hierarchies have a tendency to take for granted the experiences of people who are lower in hierarchies. It is an interesting and relevant book, for example, in one chapter the authors discuss how judging and ranking can be socially harmful behaviors. I recommend the book to anyone who is interested in cultural studies, and/or making the world a better place.

Right now I am at the Seatac airport waiting to board a flight to go to Minneapolis. It's about midnight, so I definitely won't get a view like this!

Mount Rainier

No comments:

Post a Comment