18 June 2009

Computers

I recently got a new computer. It's great. It's so much faster than my old one, which is about 5 years old now. Last night I was up late, enjoying the new processing power. Before going to sleep, I went outside. It was very late at night (or early in the morning.) The air smelled so good. It was like perfume. Amazing. Wonderful! It was like there were flowers everywhere.

Then I thought of my new computer, which was the reason I was up so late. I thought of what it might smell like outside of the factory in China where it was made. What does it smell like, I wonder. I wonder what it smells like inside the factory too, and also in the neighborhoods and homes where people who work in the factory live.

Anyway, I am thankful for the new computer, and I only hope that I can use it for truly beneficial purposes, for the benefit of myself, as well as the benefit of all humankind and the planet. Toward sustainability, health, and reconciliation - in peace - Berd

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I like your Iraq death counter. It has never stopped amazing me how little it is mentioned how many people we are killing. I wonder if there was a point at which our atrocities, in numbers alone, overtook the autrocites of the person we said was so bad.

    ReplyDelete