07 July 2008

Peace Vigil and Protest of Nuclear Weapons (especially as they exist in an offensive capacity)

I returned yesterday from a the 50th Annual Western Washington (regional - Oregon included) Fellowship of Reconciliation Conference at Seabeck. It was a great weekend and I learned a lot about the activist community. I had fun and enjoyed the company of so many dedicated Peace and Justice activists. After the conference, a group of us drove a few miles North to the main gate of the Naval Base Kitsap Bangor for a peace vigil. I just uploaded some photos from that, but the set will eventually grow to include some from the rest of the weekend's festivities.

I held a sign that read, "This is an act of Love."

Think about it - we can choose to act out of either love, or fear. I choose love.

No comments:

Post a Comment