04 August 2010

A Couple of Recent Photos

The Forest: For the Trees
The Forest: For the Trees

Gull in Flight
Gull in Flight

I was standing in the port plaza tower when I saw this Gull fly by, my camera wasn't set right to get a great shot, but I did get this one.

I was reminded of this photo by a letter to the editor from George Kurzman in the Tuesday the 3rd of August 2010 edition of the Olympian. George wrote about developers getting special treatment v. the public. I agree with George.

The port should not grant developers special preference over the public.

Ambrose Bierce defined politics thusly: "A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage."

I see the truth of this definition reflected time and time again.

The roots of this problem are deep, and are enabled by many prevailing (harmful) social myths—coupled with the profit system itself.

www.theolympian.com/2010/08/03/1323896/port-should-serve-...

May all beings be happy. Real Peace, Real Happiness, Berd

No comments:

Post a Comment